I’m often asked ‘what is a doula?’. If you’ve found your way here, maybe you already know. However, for the uninitiated, we are pregnancy, birth and postnatal support partners who provide emotional, informational and physical support to women (and their partners) during their pregnancy and postnatal period.
Birth Doula Sydney
As your doula I can provide non-judgmental assistance, just for you and your family’s needs. What sort of birth do you hope for? Let yourself imagine. Aim high. Create your story. Whether you are birthing at home, in a birth centre or a delivery suite, I will seamlessly slot in, working alongside your loved ones and medical caregivers to enrich your birthing journey.
Someone to labour with you at home, helping you decide when to head to hospital or call your midwife, someone to stay with you throughout your entire labour and birth, someone to believe in you 100%, and to help you do the same.
This is your body, your family, your baby, your birth… you write the rules.
Postnatal Doula Sydney
What would your dream postnatal period look like? Would it include having support with feeding and settling techniques? Someone to hold your baby while you nap, shower or spend time with your other children? And how about someone to cook a meal and put on a load of washing while you lay in bed and stare at this new little creature you made? A luxury? Or just essential…
Tell me… I can do all of these things and more. Let’s work together to make it happen.
I’d love to hear from you, so drop me a line and we can talk about any or all of the above.
Thinking of having your birth photographed? We can talk about that too.
- Childbirth International Doula Certification- 2006
- Babybliss Consultant
- Placenta Encapsulation Specialist
- Mothercraft/Maternity nurse, UK and Australia
- Childbirth International Making a Difference Workshop
- Nurturing Birth’s Advanced Breastfeeding Workshop
- Nurturing Birth’s Advanced Birth Workshop
- Dianne Garland’s Waterbirth Study Day
- Sheila Kitzinger’s Birth Crisis Workshop
- Insights for Doulas from a Midwife/Hypnobirthing Workshop
- Michel Odent’s Doula Workshop
- Rebozo Scarf for Optimal Foetal Positioning Workshop
- Red Cross Infant and Child Emergency Life Support
- Working with Children Police Check